If you haven’t made any resolutions yet, don’t worry. I’m currently writing up my list, and I’m totally okay with it not being the beginning of the year anymore.
Simplicity is huge for me. I don’t like to complicate things, especially life. You can think of me as a pretty black and white kind of person. What is is, and what isn’t isn’t. You either like something or you don’t. Also, something is either right or it’s wrong. I suppose I think this way due to the fact that I’ve had a few interesting experiences in life requiring sides to be chosen. When it comes down to it, people don’t want to choose. Instead, they make excuses. I’m not about that. This is how I make resolutions for a more simple life.
Enjoying Minimalism and Simplicity
Minimalism and simplicity allow me to enjoy my life more. I’m not worrying about clutter – life clutter, physical clutter, emotional clutter, etc. I can just be. Sometimes, shopping gets really frustrating for me, because I know I don’t really need anything (but food and toilet paper are pretty necessary in my household, though). Still, Houston has a large homeless population, and seeing them makes me really re-evaluate my needs and wants.
Making Resolutions for a More Simple Life
Resolutions for a more simple life can be anything you want. Personally, mine are clear and simple:
- Save more money. Goal: $10,000 by December 31, 2018.
- Eat healthier food and exercise more (use that free gym, girl).
- Create more. Ta-da Etsy shop!
- Hustle, hustle, hustle.
In this post, I talked about how it was a huge thing for me to get a couch (it is unnecessary comfort, yeah?). I’m working on accommodating other people’s (my dude’s) need for stuff. He enjoys stuff (Gundam models, electronics, television, couch…) I’m trying not to be bitter (not as bitter), and I’ll get there. I mean, he did get me to succumb to ultimate coziness, right?
Things to Think About
When writing up your resolutions, I recommend you think about these things:
- What makes you smile just thinking about it? Get more of that.
- Financial goals are always important. Work on those, whatever they are (save money, make more money, give away money).
- Health is a huge resolution for a lot of people. Weight loss, weight gain, toning, eating better, eating more, etc. You know what you need. Go for it.
- Developing your opinion. We all have something to say (or write). Expression of our feelings and opinions allows us to grow in more ways than if we were to remain silent.
- Education is a biggie for me. I’m all about learning new things and strongly believe that the more you know, the more you grow. Every opportunity is a chance to grow and make a difference, and depending on how creative you get, it’s also a way to make money. Oh yeah.
So there you have my tips on making resolutions for a more simple life. Do you dig it? I’d love to hear what some of your resolutions are and what you think of mine (be nice, ya’ll).
This week’s freebie is one of my favorites, and hopefully it’ll help you align your goals this year.
Customizable, Printable Goal Planner in our Arrow Theme
Fill in the month/year you want to focus on and write down your goals. Check or cross them off as you crush them. You can do it, and you can start by downloading it here. From us, to you. Enjoy!
You don’t get what you don’t ask for, so please Pin this Post about Resolutions for a More Simple Life. Every share helps so much.