I really don’t like spam, and I’m sure you don’t like spam either. If you subscribe or provide personally identifiable information to The Crimson Cardigan, I will not send you spam or sell your email address. Your privacy is important to me, and I will take good care of the information provided on this site.
- When personal information is requested, the purpose of such request will always be identified prior to or at the time of collection.
- We will collect and use information with the sole objective of fulfilling the purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes. For any other purpose or law, consent of the individual will be obtained prior to use.
- We will only retain information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated.
- We will collect information by lawful and fair means, and where appropriate, with the knowledge and consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, up-to-date, and complete.
- We will protect information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or modification.
- We are committed to data security. Your personally identifiable information will be kept secure. Only authorized staff have access to secure information. All emails and newsletters from The Crimson Cardigan allows you to opt out of further mailings.
- Information about our policies and practices related to the management of information will be made readily available to customers.
Information Collected by Third Parties
The Crimson Cardigan may allow third-party companies that use tracking technologies, such as cookies or pixels, to record information about users who visit or interact with our website. The Crimson Cardigan does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
Distribution of Information
The Crimson Cardigan does not share your personally identifiable information to any third party for marketing purposes. However, we may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation.
We may do so when:
- Permitted or required by law,
- Trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or
- Investigating fraud which has already taken place.
RSS and Email Subscriptions
The Crimson Cardigan records information about how people access our RSS feeds, but does not collect any personally identifying information from or about our RSS subscribers. The Crimson Cardigan’s feed services collect the email addresses of individuals that subscribe to our RSS feed via email. Individual information about subscribers to The Crimson Cardigan’s feed is held in strict confidence. We will not release or disclose any specific subscriber information under any circumstances, unless required by law. Aggregated information stripped of any personally identifiable information may be disclosed.
Comments submitted to The Crimson Cardigan are the responsibility of the commenter. We reserve the right to remove or edit comments at our discretion. Site URLs (if provided) are published along with comments. Email addresses are required with the submission of comments but are not disclosed, unless the commenter deliberately does so by entering the email address in the main comment box in addition to the box clearly labeled for the email address.
The Crimson Cardigan reserves the right to delete any comments that it deems not beneficial to the readership. This includes but is not limited to comments containing profanity, self promotion, harassment, threats, or spam of any sort.
The Crimson Cardigan contains links to other websites not owned by the owner of The Crimson Cardigan. We will not, and cannot, control how your personal information is used on these other websites. Consult the privacy policies of the linked websites to see how they use your information.
Privacy Contact Information
Want more awesome content?
Sign up for access to the latest content, courses, cheat sheets, and more tips.